| Frequently Asked Questions |
1. The official time in Chile, does it include Robinson Crusoe Island?
2. What is the climate of Robinson Crusoe Island?
3. What equipment should I bring?
4. Can you drink tap water?
5. I can use electrical appliances?
6. What medical services are available on the island?
7. How can I contact my family in an emergency?
8. Is the tip included?
9.What is the weight of luggage allowed in the airplane trip to the island?
10. Important Information SAG (Agricultural and Livestock Service)
1. The official time in Chile, does it include Robinson Crusoe Island? Yes.
Winter: -4 hours GMT, Summer: GMT -3 hours. Chile uses the European date format (day, month, year).
2. What is the climate of Robinson Crusoe Island? Mediterranean with oceanic influence. The average annual temperature is 16.5 º C (Celsius), while rainfall totaling 1.181 mm due to the relative humidity exceeds 70 percent.
3. What equipment should I bring? Bringing you trekking shoes, rain jacket and windbreaker, SPF 30 sunscreen, sunglasses with UV protection, warm clothes for the evening, Chilean pesos in cash, on the island there are no ATMs, TransBank only in the lodge, baggage allowance per passenger flight 10Kgs.
4. Can you drink tap water? Although Chile's drinking water is completely safe to be eaten directly it is recommended that people whose bodies are more susceptible to changes, drinking bottled water the first few days.
5. "I can use electrical appliances? The electrical voltage is 220 volts, 50 cycles (220v 50Hz). Therefore, those devices designed for 110V need a transformer. The apparatus of travel and notebook computers have auto voltage transformer (110V-240V) that adapts to the Chilean electricity.
6. What medical services are available on the island? Fully equipped office capable of coping in minor and a half, has a general resident physician and a nurse.
7. How can I contact my family in an emergency? Phone + 56-2-3460103 Lodge in Santiago.
Phone Robinson Crusoe Island Lodge + 56-32-2551020
In Chile, the tip is not included in the accounts of hotels, bars and / or restaurants. The amount used to tip in these places is between 10-15% of total consumption.
8. Is the tip included?
9. What is the weight of luggage allowed on the plane to the island? The weight limit per passenger is 10 kilos, plus a cabin bag.
10. Important Information SAG (Agricultural and Livestock Service) It is forbidden to enter, seeds or grains, vegetables or animal products without processing, animals, pets, living or dead species.